Friday, June 5, 2009

By the time I get home, I will be...

  • unable to wash one more dish (sorry JJ!).

  • an expert at stream crossing.

  • an expert at climbing over barbed-wire fences.

  • able to identify all sorts of birds ...that don't live in Canada.

  • craving a job that lets me keep working outside.

  • unable to sleep in a room by myself.

  • unable to function without Chris around.

  • more confident in myself.

  • still confused and scared about what the heck I'm doing with my life.

  • embarrassed that I only finished the one book I was halfway through when I got here; but happy for the reasons I had no time to read.

  • salivating whenever I hear a bell ring.


  • craving salad and meatloaf and wondering where the endless vat of lemonade is.

  • an expert at pothole slalom.

  • finding creative ways to explain how two months washing dishes and weeding in Arizona makes me a perfect candidate for that desk job.

  • more aware of the trees, birds, bats, animals, insects...

  • drinking Ontario beer very chance I get.

  • wondering why everyone is still asleep at 7am on a Saturday.

  • trying to remember how to use a telephone.

  • missing Meg and Kate.

  • reminded of the joy of mosquitoes.

  • not taking for granted the amazing thing that is living walking distance to pho.

  • taking my place on Mae's porch with offerings of tequila.

  • looking for a good cowboy hangout in Ottawa.

  • singing new songs thanks to Dave and Kate.

  • hot.

  • stronger.

  • tanned.

  • dirty.

  • bruised.

  • scraped.

  • broke.

  • happy to see you.



Less than a week now till we point the car north and east...

1 comment:

  1. ....and I will be

    - missing Portal adventures!
    - happy happy to see you
    - listening to your stories between stories
    - ready to conspire re new paths
    - xxxxx

    ReplyDelete